Why an ethics consultant? Here are a few considerations.
- You need someone who sees things differently, looks through a different set of glasses at situations and issues.
- You need someone who is a subject matter expert specifically trained in Ethics, Philosophy, etc. just as a compliance professional has extensive training for his/her position.
- You need someone to help and partner with compliance professionals whose whose plate is full with legal, risk, audit, operations, communications, organizational development, investigations issues, to work on special projects like:
- Working on the development or updating of a Code of Ethics.
- Development of strategic ethics training sessions for Sales, Leadership, Compliance, etc.
- Can drill down to the spirit of the law that strengthens the letter of the law.
- Can provide insights into one’s mission statement and ideas on how to make the organization’s values come alive on a regular basis.
- This can be a very cost-effective approach in that the timeframe for a consultant is flexible depending on what needs to be done, e.,no salaries, insurance, benefit packages, etc. Just an independent contractor contract for a certain amount of time,1 month, 2-3 months, etc.
Now is the time to consider this consulting option. Why? How many of these consultants are out there with this type of education,training, and experience?