Take this short reflective survey to evaluate.
1. Did I practice any virtues today?
• Was I a person who shared integrity, trustworthiness, honesty or compassion?
2. Did I do more harm than good? Or did I try to?
• Consider the short term vs. long term consequences of your actions.
3. Did I treat people with dignity and respect?
• All human beings have the right to be treated with dignity simply because they are human.
4. Was I fair and just today?
• Whom did I benefit and whom did I burden? How did I decide?
5. Was my organization better because I was in it?
• Was I better because I was part of this organization?
• Was I able to get beyond my own interests to make the organization stronger?
• Was I able to draw upon the strengths of the organization to help me become more human?
Like you, business ethics and ethical leadership expert, Frank Bucaro has seen the challenges and problems of corporate leadership, particularly over the past few years in regards to poor decision-making, SEC violations, and record breaking financial settlements in a number of different industries.
With over two decades of executive training, speaking, writing and with real life experiences, his view and approach to ethics in the workplace is uniquely different. He emphasizes that ethics is a moment-to-moment choice and has little to do with position, titles, personalities or education. Ethics is everybody’s responsibility from the top down.
His goal is to help organizations to:
a. Strengthen their ethics training initiatives in order to significantly decrease the odds of an ethical/compliance violation.
b. Energize, train and motivate employees to understand the value of consistent “high road” behavior as a business advantage.
c. Support individuals and thereby the organization by contributing to its success by quality, ongoing values based leadership development.
Frank is known for his very practical, slightly irreverent, yet somewhat humorous approach to ethics and leadership development. His conversational style and real life stories connect with his audience in a personal, intense and practical level.
Companies such as Bayer Healthcare, BP, ReMax International, EnMax Energy, Danone, etc. have partnered with Frank when they want to proactively stress the message, tools, insights and practical applications that good ethics IS good for business!