Now that summer is upon us and vacations are being planned is no reason to postpone any ethics/leadership training. Those tempted to do something wrong will not take the summer off, so why should we??
Being proactive in ethics and values based leadership programming is a year round process.
What would it say to your people if you are proactive in your ethics training 9 months of the year and take summer off?? Maybe that ethics is seasonal? Or not important in the summer?
Here are a few suggestions to keep your ethics and leadership training alive during the summer months.
• An ethics or leadership webinar and record it so those who may be on vacation will still get the training and you won’t skip a beat?
• Consider a training program and video tape it for those who can’t be there to learn as well?
• Read and pass on current research from LRN, Ethics Resource Center, etc.and then plan informal “Lunch and Learns” on the key points.
• Take time to revisit your organization’s values and see where improvement in implementation is needed, why and who’s going to do it?
• Revisit your code of ethics for current issues and applications or if you don’t have one, start developing one.
Whatever you choose to do, do it now, do it today or may not get done!