How do you evaluate, on an ongoing basis, whether you are on the ethical “right track” in building quality customer relationships that are aligned with your corporate values?
Here are two questions for ongoing ethical reflection:
1. Is what you do, in line with your organization’s values and objectives?
2. Will the decision result in right thing being done for the customer?
To further your ethical reflection answer these questions:
Regarding question 1:
• Have you accepted and internalized your company’s objectives and values?
• How are the values, that the objectives are based on, communicated?
• How are they reinforced and is it continual?
• Do you truly understand, agree and live those values based objectives?
Regarding question 2:
• Will the right thing be done customer no matter the cost?
• Are you truly empowered and encouraged to make the right decision regarding customer relationship building?
• Is this decision sales based or relationship based?
These questions are seemingly simple, yet so much about what you believe, what you’ve been trained to do and why, need to consistently be the focus of how you do your business.
These questions are continual “reality checks” to make sure that what you profess is what you do.
Being consistently discerning is a win-win situation to keep one’s focus, one’s values and customer relationships in alignment and that is good for business!