1. Do you have a formal code of ethics? Is it reinforced? How widely distributed?
2. Are employees at all levels trained in ethical decision making?
3.Do employees have formal channels available to make their concerns known?
4.Is misconduct disciplined swiftly and justly within the organization?
5. Is integrity emphasized, particularly to new employees?
6. How are senior managers perceived by subordinated in terms of their integrity?
7. How do such leaders model ethical behavior?
Linda Trevino, Penn State Smeal College of Business