So what makes up a “moral agent?” Consider these moral guidelines.
1. A moral agent is a human being who acts, is empowered to make choices and consciously makes decisions.
2. The moral agent needs to consider:
This is a fundamental concept for a determination of morality. A good motive is a prerequisite to conduct that is approved without qualification.
This is the agent, instrument or method used to attain an end.
1. How does one choose it and on what is it based?
2. For what purpose, and to what end and why?
These are the effects or results of a moral decision based on a value, but:
1. How is it possible to calculate all the possible consequences of an action?
2. How can one ever be sure that any action will produce the greatest positive result?
3. At what point, does one discern whether one’s action was right or wrong, .i.e. the consequence?, the motivation?
Once one “becomes” a moral agent,then the moral compass becomes the basis for one’s decisions, the development of one’s relationships, and the real purpose for one’s business. The problem is that, this is not an integral part of most ethics training programs and therefore contributes to the legal/ethical issues that exist today. So………..??????